Birthday Calendar! ...and other Lone Pine activities, e.g. the summer newsletter.
SalvE! Welcome to Lone Pine Classical School.
We have been growing since 2003, now offering ONLINE and LOCAL classes.
ONLINE: Latin and Greek classes for students working at the 9-12 grade level (students must be 12 years old to attend our annual Convention)
LOCAL (Fort Collins, CO): Full STEAM Ahead GT enrichment program (Wednesday/Friday) and a small PG full time day program
2015/2016 Online Course Schedule: Registration is NOW OPEN for 2016-2017 (same course schedule)!
Latin 100 (Students doing at least 9th grade work; age 12 by August 1, with age 13+ strongly preferred): Monday and Wednesday, 7:10 - 8:25 a.m. Mountain Time (6:10 Pacific, 8:10 Central, 9:10 a.m. Eastern).
Latin 200 (prereq. Latin 100 or instructor permission): Monday and Wednesday, 8:30 - 9:45 a.m. Mountain Time (7:30 Pacific, 9:30 Central, 10:30 a.m. Eastern).
Latin 300/400 Prose (prereq. Latin 200 or instructor permission): Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30 - 9:45 a.m. Mountain Time (7:30 Pacific, 9:30 Central, 10:30 a.m. Eastern) (Latin 300/400 Poetry will be offered in 2016/2017).
AP Latin (prereq. Latin 400 or instructor permission): Tuesday and Thursday, 7:00 - 8:25 a.m. Mountain Time (6:00 Pacific, 8:00 Central, 9:00 Eastern).
2015-2016 Local (Fort Collins, CO) Course Schedule:
PG Day Program: Monday through Thursday, 8:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.; Friday, 8:15 a.m. - 4 p.m. Currently full, with no openings predicted for next year; we are not accepting names for a waitlist at this point.
Full STEAM Ahead Enrichment Program: Students select individual courses which meet either on Wednesdays or Fridays, in the 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. window. Students select specific courses; students do not need to sign up for the entire program. Specific Courses:
- Chess with Chessmates (Advanced and Beginner sections)
- Circuitry and Soldering: We will use Sparkfun Inventor Kits and E-textiles (make a light-up bookmark!) to explore the work of circuits, and learn to solder. Ages 10 and up.
- Computer Science (Python and the ACSL competition; theory-based, not games-based) and NACLO/Logic Problems
- Conversational French
- Intro to Latin and Greco-Roman Mythology
- Lit Club 5 - Writing and Literature for grades 5-6 (advanced 4th graders OK); see the Full STEAM Ahead page for details!
- Lit Club 2 - Introduction to writing and literature for grades 2-3; see the Full STEAM Ahead page for details!
- Math Contests (Grades 5-8 and Grades 2-4 sections) - prepare for and participate in the AMC-8, MathCounts, MOEMS, NOETIC, and the Math League contests
- Pottery - hand-building
- Science for Grade 2 and Science for Grade 5.
- Science Olympiad: Grades 2-4 and 5-8 (Division A and Division B)
- SeaPerch (Underwater Robotics; spring only)
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED for 2015-2016; please register for 2016-2017 via the Full STEAM Ahead Registration Page at the top left.