Birthday Calendar! ...and other Lone Pine activities, e.g. the summer newsletter.
SalvE! Welcome to Lone Pine Classical School.
We have been growing since 2003, now offering ONLINE and LOCAL classes.
ONLINE: Latin and Greek classes for students working at the 9-12 grade level (no age restrictions, though students must be 12 years old to attend our annual Convention)
LOCAL (Fort Collins, CO): Wednesday afternoon STEAM classes, elementary and middle school lab sciences, and a small PG full time day program
2015/2016 Online Course Schedule: Registration is NOW OPEN!
Latin 100 (Students doing at least 9th grade work; age 12 by August 1 OR instructor interview + approval): Monday and Wednesday, 7:10 - 8:25 a.m. Mountain Time (6:10 Pacific, 8:10 Central, 9:10 a.m. Eastern).
Latin 200 (prereq. Latin 100 or instructor permission): Monday and Wednesday, 8:30 - 9:45 a.m. Mountain Time (7:30 Pacific, 9:30 Central, 10:30 a.m. Eastern).
Latin 300/400 Prose (prereq. Latin 200 or instructor permission): Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30 - 9:45 a.m. Mountain Time (7:30 Pacific, 9:30 Central, 10:30 a.m. Eastern) (Latin 300/400 Poetry will be offered in 2016/2017).
AP Latin (prereq. Latin 400 or instructor permission): Tuesday and Thursday, 7:00 - 8:25 a.m. Mountain Time (6:00 Pacific, 8:00 Central, 9:00 Eastern).
Honors Greek 100 (prereq. Latin 200 or two equivalent years of serious Latin, interview with the instructor, 11th grade or younger [no seniors]): Mon, Wed, Fri 9:15-10:45 a.m. EASTERN time; please see Greek Policies page for details. Honors Greek 200 will be offered in 2016-2017.
2015-2016 Local (Fort Collins, CO) Course Schedule:
PG Day Program: Monday through Thursday, 8:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.; Friday, 8:15 a.m. - 4 p.m. Currently full, with no openings predicted for next year; we are not accepting names for a waitlist at this point.
Grade 2 Science and Grade 5 Science are open to students from other schools; meets Fridays (exact time TBD), with online homework given. Registration available via the STEAM Wednesdays registration form.
STEAM Enrichment Program: Wednesdays, 12:00 - 3:15 p.m. Students may select specific courses; students do not need to sign up for the entire program. Specific Courses:
- Chess with Chessmates (Advanced and Beginner sections)
- Circuitry: We will use Sparkfun Inventor Kits and E-textiles (make a light-up bookmark!) to explore the work of circuits. Ages 10 and up.
- Computer Science (Python and the ACSL competition; theory-based, not games-based) and NACLO/Logic Problems
- Conversational Spanish
- Intro to the Classics, Latin, and Greco-Roman Mythology (fall/winter only)
- Jewelry-making: wire-wrapping, beading, fused glass, metal stamping, simple metal cutting and polishing as time permits
- Math Contests (Grades 5-8 and Grades 2-4 sections) - prepare for and participate in the AMC-8, MathCounts, MOEMS, NOETIC, and the Math League contests
- Pottery - hand-building
- SeaPerch (Underwater Robotics; spring only)
- Soldering - Level 1 and Level 2
- Science Olympiad: Grades 2-4 and 5-8 (Division A and Division B)
- Thinking Games (open game lounge for students between classes, supervised by parent volunteers or a CSU student)
REGISTRATION OPENS MAY 1 for 2015-2016; please register via the STEAM Wednesdays Registration Page at the top left.